Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Blogger Date: The Sequel

For our second date, Life Begins at 30ty and I had decided to go bowling. This had actually been one of her suggestions for our challenge-theme first date, but I'd felt it only fair to warn her that I was on a bowling team a few years ago. Not one to be daunted by this - or by anything else these days! - she stepped up to take me on this time.

...and proceeded to soundly beat me! I got my comeuppance for my big talking! She even had the kindness to make me feel knowledgeable by asking me for bowling tips, even though at that point I was clearly struggling to stay out of the gutters. She's a good winner and I got to show that I wasn't a bad loser - or I hope that's what I showed! We then had a second game in which I managed to redeem myself a little, so we called it a draw (tie?) overall.

After finishing our drinks while watching little kids almost throwing themselves down the lanes with their bowling balls, we left to find something to eat. We went to a great pancake place which I'd never been to before - in fact I've generally only eaten small sweet pancakes so it was interesting to be presented with a massive savoury one big enough to be a meal in itself! We chatted and ate and chatted.

At this point I have to make a complaint about this date. In fact, about both of our dates. The time goes by way too quickly! I couldn't believe that more than three hours had already flashed past when I first looked at the clock on my phone. I don't think either of us wanted our talking to end but we both understood that we had work weeks to start the next morning so eventually we got the bill (maybe the staff didn't want us to go either!) and the end of the date was nigh.

Hmm, I'm reading back over this post and it seems rather brief. Blog readers, I'll level with you: I'm finding blog date blogging to be trickier than I'd anticipated! Maybe this is because I'm more accustomed to writing about dates from many years ago rather than current events. Maybe it's because I don't want to hog the storytelling while my co-dater has other exciting tales to share from earlier in her weekend before getting the chance to write her version. Or maybe it's because my main thought as I write this is: I definitely want to see her again...

8 comments:

  1. This is super cute. I love that you guys went bowling together! that's sweet. And this is keeping us all on our toes! watching from afar and cheering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt you are right, it is brief. We want more details.

    Don't worry that LB is reading this & will also be posting, that is what makes it fun & exciting for us readers to see what you both truthfully felt about it.

    whydidntshefancyme.blogspt.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great date and all she writes about is drinks with some chick?

    Dump her!

    Just kidding. Women love men who can lose gracefully. Trust me, I know.

    PS more details on these write-ups, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You checked your watch! *scoffs* ;)

    And Caleb, drinks were on Friday and the date Sunday. In due course... :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you are struggling because normally part of the fun/drama is wondering what the other person thinks of you and whether you know what they think you think about them (still with me?!) whereas with this you have to put it out there!

    I hope this continues cause I don't know what will happen if it doesn't!

    Rapunzel x
    *Tales from the Tower*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really enjoying these posts, so don't worry about the perspective and what you're used to writing, it's working for me.

    What I like about two bloggers dating is you're both aware of what SUCKS about dating, and because of this, I think are less likely to play the games that normally begin to surface by now.

    I can't help but wonder if you're leaving out some good, juicy details of the date. You know, the "after I walked her to her door and went inside and we..." type of stories. LOL

    Please, keep sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to write about the ones you actually like :).

    And I would have DOMINATED at this bowling date. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Larissa: Thank you for the cheers!

    whydidn'tshefancyme: Still finding this tricky - just posted about this.

    Caleb: I think I was a bad loser as a kid - thankfully not any more!

    Lifebeginsat30ty: Very rude of me - I was distracted by an attractive woman asking me the time ;)

    Rapunzel: I get what you're saying and you're quite right!

    MyDatinghangovers: Thank you, and good point.

    Lizzie: Very true!

    ReplyDelete