Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Final post (probably)

I've been aware for a while that my previous blog post started with the following paragraph:
 
 
"Wow - three months since my last post? Time just goes faster and faster! I never wanted to be someone who stopped blogging completely without signing off somehow. With that in mind, I guess I'm saying that this isn't my last post either."
 
 
Well, now it's been another five months, and I've been wondering for a while whether to write an official "last post" but haven't managed to do it. In fact, I've been wondering "why did I write that paragraph? That means I have to write another post but I don't feel like it!" I am still reading some blogs, and very occasionally I even manage to write a comment, but I haven't felt any kind of urge to actually write any more blog material myself. I don't know whether that might happen at some point in the future, but let's call this my last post unless and until the urge returns.
 
 
I'd like to say a big thank you again to everyone who has read and commented on my blog. Looking back on it, I don't think I've had even one single negative experience with it (I even once tried to lock horns with an abusive commenter on a different blog and invited him to mine, to no avail.) I'm really glad that I stumbled into this corner of blogworld - not only did it introduce me to LB (it makes a great how-did-you-two-meet story in the real world!) but also I've read many very engaging and entertaining blogs for over a year now, and for the moment I plan to continue to check in. So it's not goodbye to blogworld as a whole - just to the post-writing part.
 
 
Wishing much peace, love and happiness to everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Awww Bye Bye Matti!
    Thanks for the challenge and always having something funny or thought provoking to read.
    You'll be missed.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and LB.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've appreciated your support all the way through - you were my second ever commenter after LB! I plan to continue reading blogs for now, so I'm not departing blogworld completely yet. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2012 Matt :) I'll keep ya in my Google Reader should you post another final - final post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Catherine - happy 2012 to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha was that the guy on my blog? I vaguely recall you challenging someone who didn't like my excessive use of the period ;) #SuchAGentleman.

    Obviously said to see you stop. Obviously happy because of why. xoxo ~ SSD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doh! Total fail...that's sad not said smh #Worst ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it was the guy on your blog - he seemed to think that your blog should be written according to his ideas rather than yours. I'm glad you didn't listen to him! Hope all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete