Saturday, 4 September 2010

Blog Award

International Woman of Mystery at An International Affair has very kindly passed on a blogging award to me:















In order to accept the award I have to:
•Thank the blogger who awarded it to you.
•Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five (5) words.
•Pass it on to 10 other blogs which you feel have real substance.

Well, thank you very much, International Woman of Mystery! Your blog is fun and interesting and exciting and I'm happy to be following the journey. I hadn't actually thought very much about what I wanted my blog to be - I'd started reading other people's blogs and wanted to comment but didn't want to be an anonymous enigma. The experience of sharing thoughts in this way has been Fascinating, Uplifting, Thought-provoking, Informative and kind of Addictive!

I'd been thinking of writing a post to thank all of the bloggers I've encountered for being so welcoming and friendly. This is an ideal occasion to give special mention to the ten blogs and bloggers who have been most instrumental in my experience so far:


Lifebeginsat30ty at Life Begins at 30ty - she not only has a great blog of her own split between two countries; she also organised a Secret Santa blogging experiment for her fellow bloggers, and I was very lucky to have her supportive comments on my blog right from the start. I really appreciate it!

Little Miss Angry at Love Me Knot - I arrived at her blog at a time of Jake Gyllenhaal lookalikes and farting discussions! But other posts have given us a glimpse of deeper stories and complicated situations still unfolding...

Larissa at thoughts simply arise - Larissa thinks a lot and writes beautifully about the results. Her blog is thought-provoking and inspiring on every topic it touches on.

"Just Sayin...." at "Just Sayin...." - she's not afraid to tell it like it is come rain or shine, which really lets us readers into her world - to the extent where her Followers list is labelled "My Stalkers"!

Snafugirl at snafu - of the ten most amazingly crazy exploits I've read, Snafugirl must account for at least nine of them. Luckily for us all, the woman behind the legend has the skill to bring her stories to life for us grateful vicarious livers.

Something She Dated at Something She Dated - she has a great quirky sense of humour and a truly unique writing style which is infiltrating my own vocabulary! Her blog is total Awesome Sauce.

Catherine at Simply Solo: Single girl starting over - almost as new to blogging as me, but ten times more talented - she tackles the topics of dating with consummate ease and engages her readers wonderfully.

KayDee at ...like nailing Jell-O to the wall! - currently blogging without her partner in crime, but she hasn't let that stop her from posting some very well-written and thoughtful explorations of issues both in dating and in life.

CrystalSpins at Everybody Wants Some - a great mix of dating stories and advice to those who need it, including the kind of self-pitying nice guy which I once might have been.

Lucky Girl at how very lucky to be a girl - last but not least: the one which started my whole blogging journey. An ostensibly unrelated Google search landed me in a fascinating world of dating tales and I've been hooked ever since.


I'd like to say a massive thank you to all of you and to everyone else with whom I've crossed paths in our patch of the blog world - I'm glad to have arrived here!


Matt

12 comments:

  1. YAY! Love this!

    Thanks for the mention, and I love all the blogs I'm listed with, what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,
    I've been quietly following your history and learning along with you. I am so very touched and really very honored to receive such a mention from you, my unmet friend. Your readership, words, encouragement and support have meant (and DO) more than I have words to express.
    Thank you so much!
    I hope you'll keep writing your tales. You are a reminder of the kindness and thoughtfulness that pervades our world, a reminder to those of us still searching that the good ones are out there, and I've no doubt the woman will come along who is most deserving of a soul like you.
    Much love,
    LG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larissa - you're very welcome!

    LuckyGirl - I'm really pleased to hear that you've been reading along! Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm very happy to be following your wonderful writing as a reader, commenter, fan and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot!! thank you matt!! i loved the way you described my blog :) i sound so mysterious..hahahaha..

    congratulations and keep sharing your tales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Matt! I was just going through my Google Reader (took a weekend off from the blogging), and was excited to see you had a new post up. As I was anxiously clicking through to all these other fabulous bloggers you have recommended, I was shocked (and so excited!) to see my name on your list. That means so much to me! And, I also greatly appreciate your support - your comments and advice have been invaluable. I'm enjoying following your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Miss Angry - you're welcome - I'm glad you liked it!

    simplysolo - you're welcome - I'm really enjoying following your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thanks MATT!!!

    Honoured to be listed with the other majorly talented bloggers!

    Love the how you described my blog!

    Thank you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being listed on here (by your awesome sauce self) among these other awesome sauce writers make me feel totally amazing (which is sort of akin to feeling like total awesome sauce :P) Heart You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad - you thoroughly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some good ones!

    Is it a small world in blogtown or what?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does seem to be a small world - I once went searching for dating blogs with no link to any I already followed but mostly found that there was still a trail of followers leading back to the blogs I was already reading!

    ReplyDelete